LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Housing society wrong charges

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 14 September 2023 This query is : Resolved 
I am a member of a housing society in mumbai, The society has included tenancy charges, water1 & water2 charges, and Non occupancy charges which are 10% of maintenance bill.(it should be 10% of the service charge component of the maintenance charges). I pointed this out to the society managing committee, and have written to them number of times, but they refuse to correct the bills. Instead, they are charging delayed payment interest on the bill.
They even refuse to provide a copy of the byelaws or resolutions passed.
what is the remedy
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 15 September 2023
You can issue a legal notice through your lawyer demanding your requirements including permission to visit the bylaws book.
€if they do not oblige then you can either make a complaint with the registrar or file a complaint with the consumer forum for deficiency in service and compensation thereon
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 15 September 2023
Yes. You can obtain a copy of the bylaw from the society and if they refuse, obtain a copy of the same from the Registrar/Jt.Registrar of Coop. Societies of your area and also complain to him against the society.
P. Venu (Expert) 30 September 2023
If unsatisfied, you need to escalate the issue before the competent forum/authority.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now