LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

House arrested and lwanting to be set free

(Querist) 22 September 2013 This query is : Resolved 
I request you to help me

I am 21yrs old, residing in gujarat. Recently my parents found out about my live in relationship with my boyfriend. They tricked me and brought me home. Since then I am under house arrest. They are pressurizing me to marry someone else. they have also threatened to harm my boyfriend. I want to go back to my boyfriend but they have threatened us. Even if we marry, they will not let us live in peace and since they have all of my documents, we cannot marry legally. They can easily bribe the police since my parents are too powerful. Can I disown my family and lead my life in a way I want? If yes, what is the procedure? Apart from disowning, is there any other way through which i can protect both of us,. I am afraid that if matters are handed over to the police, they will hand over my custody to my parents because we cannot get married without the documents. My boyfriend is ready to help me with whatever he can. Please advice.

Thank you
V R SHROFF (Expert) 22 September 2013
Rush to Police/ Protection Officer of ur district. This amount to Domestic Violence, and it provide for woman's protection under this particular case.
u will be helped out.
ajay sethi (Expert) 22 September 2013
file a complaint with state Commission for Women in gujrat if you so desire .

your parents are your well wishers . they dont want you to ruin your future and harm your future marriage prospects .

is the boy friend with whom you were having live in relation ship ready to marry you . is he well settled in life . dont take a hasty decision
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 22 September 2013
Agree with expert ajay sethi ji. Wait and watch. Tell your parents, you will not marry for 2-3 years and watch the attitude of your boy friend during this time. Cooperate with your parents, they are not your enemy. Hasty steps may leave you life time troubles.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query