Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hi lost reciept of registeration of previous agreement

(Querist) 14 April 2018 This query is : Resolved 
hi.. I am residing at Ghatkopar Mumbai . I purchased 2BHK flat in housing society in 1999,. I have all documents of sale deed between me and first owner. The first owner was tenant in chawl where new building is constructed. the agreement between first owner and developer was dated December 1983. they had given original document for registration at old custom house , Mumbai. At the time when I purchased flat in year 1999... the first owner gave me copy of document and registration receipt and at that time no body in our society had got original registered document from registration office as all documents at that time used to go to Pune. so I was having only original registration receipt of previous agreement. in 2012 when all member were collecting their original document from office ..I found that my receipt for same was lost so I could not get my original previous agreement . now I have share certificate in my name, I have my all sale deed agreement with previous owner duly registered. our society has got conveyance too. I want to know if I want to sell my flat now.. is my tittle is clear? what I have is share certificate and my registered sale deed with previous owner in 1999 but what I don't have is original registered previous document of 1983 as I have lost receipt of same and don't have xerox of that receipt too so I don't have document number and registration date. please guide me...thank you.
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 14 April 2018
You get ECs for 30 Years and get certified copies of link sale deeds/Agreement of sale from registration Department..Then your title would be perfect.
gautam (Querist) 14 April 2018
Thank you Usha Ji, what is ECs and how to get it?
Kishor Mehta (Expert) 15 April 2018
It is imperative that you obtain a certified copy, of the original agreement between the builder and the original purchaser, from the Registrar's office, to complete the chain of documents to validate your title to the flat. A copy of the sale deed is supposed to be submitted to the Society when the share certificate is issued. You may get the copy from the Society.
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 15 April 2018
EC means ENCUMBRANCE CERTIFICATE. it shows in the last 30 years your property has been encumbered was subject to mortgage etc and under whose name the certificate was. If for th last 30 years same person was holding the property uninterruptedly and peacefully you can perfect your title by adverse possession. Adverse to even original owner.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query