LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harassment and threatening calls

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 23 November 2022 This query is : Resolved 
Respected Expert,

One of my relative got loan of 4 lacs from one private bank and during COVID he lost his ability to payback the said loan and failing to repay the same.

I was not at all aware that my number was given as reference or what but now a days I am receiving continuous harassing and threating calls from those banks.

When I am ignoring these calls then my other friends, family and collogue is receiving calls and abusing me and my relative for such default of loans.

I am in mental trauma and also scared if these calls goes to office and professional contacts.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 23 November 2022
Complain to OMBUDSMAN.
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 24 November 2022
Lodge FIR to police against unknown person who is harassing and threatning you on phone/mobile .
SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Expert) 24 November 2022

Yes, you can file a police complaint for harassment. You may also file a complaint with the ombudsman.
Pradipta Nath (Expert) 26 November 2022
Serve the bank a legal notice and complain before the police and ombudsman.
P. Venu (Expert) 29 November 2022
"I was not at all aware that my number was given as reference" What do you mean by "reference"?

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query