Gratuity recovery is not being done since 2 and half year

Respected Experts,

I had worked in my previous company for 7 years and left before 2 and half year, filed case and won, order passed in my favor before 2 and half year approx, and I am still waiting for recovery certificate from Labor Commissioner office, Ahmedabad (Shram Bhavan, Khanpur, Ahmedabad). Don't have any clue why they are delaying it intentionally or unintentionally since whenever I go there for followup their concerned person may be clear kept saying for further a week or 10 days or so but never proceeded. Even I had followed up with assistant labor commissioner but no luck.

Please let me know what should I do to get my gratuity without any further delay.

Thanks.

Ask the reasons for not taking action to pay your gratuity using RTI marking a copy to the Labour Commissioner concerned.

H.M.PatnaikOnline (Expert)

Pl. approach the Grievance Cell at o/o the Labour Commissioner with a petition on the issue and expeditious redressal o your grievance.

Issue legal notice to employer company and demand your due gratuity payment.

Did you proceed through a lawyer or union or personally ?

SandipOnline (Querist)

Yes I have proceeded with filing gratuity recovery in Shram Bhavan Ahmedabad for which assistant labor comissionar passed order for payment of gratuity and after that proceed with further proceedings i.e. form T submission and all, issued notice to Employer etc. But from the clerk office they are not issuing recovery letter to Collector which is next stage for recovery of gratuity under land and revenue act I believe.
Please assist.

A better course is to stop running after office clerks and take up the issue with the authority concerned.

×