LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gratuity - central government - resignation

(Querist) 03 October 2021 This query is : Resolved 
I have resigned after serving 6 years of uninterrupted service in Central Government. Am I eligible for gratuity?

Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972 , para 4 states that 5 years of service is required for payment of gratuity.

26(I) of CCS(pension) rule , 1972 states that my past service stands forfeited after resignation .

However, para 2, CCS(pension) rule 1972 states that it applies to Government servants appointed on or before 31st day of December,2003. As I was appointed in 2015, Is CCS (pension) rule applicable for me ??

If no, its rule 26(I) for forfeiture also does not apply to me? Does that imply I may be eligible for gratuity payment?
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 03 October 2021
No. You are not eligible for gratuity.
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 20 November 2021
are you sure you are covered by CCS(Pension) Rules.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query