LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

GRandfather property

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 27 May 2010 This query is : Resolved 
Can my father make a will for a property which he got from his father.After my grandfather's death
A V Vishal (Expert) 27 May 2010
No a will by your father of the ancestral property will be invalid unless your father acquired the same through a will bequeathing the property from his father viz. your grandfather.
B K Raghavendra Rao (Expert) 27 May 2010
Please explain your statement ".... property which he got from his father...". How did he get?
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 28 May 2010
I do agree with Vishal.
Surrender K Singal (Expert) 28 May 2010
If your father is the sole legal heir, yes
Ravikant Soni (Expert) 28 May 2010
I disagree with Vishal. As per sec8 Hindu succession act if father is Hindu one and he gets property from his father as sole owner then he can bequeath this property.
Uma parameswaran (Expert) 29 May 2010
He can execute a WILL in favour of any legal heirs with the consent of other Legal heirs and also to all legal heirs equally.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query