LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gift deed

(Querist) 26 April 2018 This query is : Resolved 
sir/madam clients father gifted a flat to her elder married daughter now that daughter wants to give the said propriety to her younger unmarried brother and sisters so what document she should execute for that purpose
secondly father has already expired
2. if she wants to give equal share in said flat property to her brother and sisters what document should be executed i mean she will take 1/4 share for herself in the property and remain 3/4 she will give to her sibling

Siddharth Jain (Expert) 26 April 2018
Your client's sister will have get a gift deed drafted by an advocate and get it registered her her sibling's favour in whatever share she deems suitable. Gift Deed is a legal document elucidating the voluntary transfer of the property to someone else without any monetary exchange.
For any other queries feel free to contact me at
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 26 April 2018
The married daughter may execute a Gift deed only in favour her brother and sisters for 3/4th share keeping 1/4th share for herself. The deed shall be got drafted by a senior lawyer or DW. and in several states the stamp duty is reduced for Gift deeds to be executed in favour of family members only.
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 27 April 2018
Your sister should execute a gift deed of her 3/4 th share in favour of her brothers and sisters keeping 1/4th share to herself registering and paying stamp duty in their favour. For Family members stamp duty concessions are there in many states,.. The gift deed should clearly mention I, the donor gifting the following property to you and I, the donee, accepting the said property from you without which wording the gift deed is not effective.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 27 April 2018
Well advised, I agree.
Kumar Doab (Expert) 27 April 2018
You can benefit from above advises...

Discuss with a very able senior LOCAL counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in civil matters and having successful track record ….. and worth his/her salt …

LOCAL senior deedwriter in SRO can also help you..

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query