LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Fling procedure

(Querist) 30 September 2022 This query is : Resolved 
how to get enlargement of time in court in resubmission of returned petition filed 5 of limitation act? can we resubmit along with petition u/s 148 r/w s.151 of c.p.c.? Is it enough? please answer.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 01 October 2022
You may apply section 148 CPC for re-submission, giving reasons for delay thereof. However, Section 5 of Limitation Act would be inappropriate.

Section 148 CPC provides:
Where any period is fixed or granted by the Court for the doing of any act prescribed or allowed by this Code, the Court may, in its discretion, from time to time, enlarge such period 1[not exceeding thirty days in total], even though the period originally fixed or granted may have expired.

What is objection against that the petition was returned for re-submission ?
P. Venu (Expert) 05 October 2022
What re the facts? What is the context?

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query