Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Filing for divorce

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 02 April 2018 This query is : Resolved 
Hello i got married in oct 2017 after then my husbands behavoir was totaly changed.He is not intrested me and i m staying in my laws home with mother -in -law.My husband is working in other state and didnot stayed with me giving some lame excuses.Now i came to know that he is having and illicit relationship with a married woman and is also taking drugs.So what should i do first.Should i firstly complain in women cell? Because i heard that i cannot file petition for divorce that will be done after 1year of marriage.He tortured me mentally sometimes physicaly too.
Siddharth Jain (Expert) 02 April 2018
No. you can file the divorce petition before completion of one year, you have to file an application u/s 14 of Hindu Marriage Act along with your divorce petition. But, you'll have to prove to the court that your case comes under any exceptional category under sec.14 of the said Act. For, any other queries, feel free to contact me at
Guest (Expert) 02 April 2018
Not a good case, either for divorce or for women cell. How do you believe that by filing a case with the women cell, the attitude of your husband will improve and he would get attracted to you? Divorce is also not a remedy for your woes.

By the way what efforts you have made to create your own trust and sincerity towards your husband?
Vijay Raj Mahajan (Expert) 02 April 2018
The husband had taken consent for marriage without disclosing material fact about his taking drugs and involvement in illicit relationship with other woman, this is a ground of annulment of marriage on the ground of fraud that you can file for now within one year of marriage, rather without waiting for any further time. There is no case for women cell of police as it is purely matrimonial matter to be decided by civil Family court.
Guest (Expert) 02 April 2018
Concealing - Keeping it as Secret the drug addiction.
Guest (Expert) 02 April 2018
Normally In any Arranged Marriage Proper Verification would have been or should have been conducted by both the sides. In your case there are more chances that the addiction is already known fact to your family members.
Guest (Expert) 02 April 2018
Illicit Relationship will not be accepted by the Court just like that with out Legally Acceptable evidence. Your Learned Advocate would confirm whether it is going to be so easy for you to get if your husband is not going to co operate. The Only Practical Advise would be to wait for one year if at all you need only divorce as advised by the first Expert Or should take care of your husband taking him to Rehabilitation Centre As Advised by Second Expert which is more Valid and Good for your Life
Guest (Expert) 02 April 2018
I Differ only With Honorable Mr Vijay Raj Mahajan who had insulted the Advocates who posted a Contradictory Versions of his Posts in Othre Threads as " Financially Poor " and " Financial Health Condition is Bad " Etc in other Thread for which he had been requested for his explanation which had not been done do far
Guest (Expert) 02 April 2018
But in most of his Posts Mr Vijay Raj Mahajan is Posting his Email ID inviting or Pleading the Innocent Querist to Contact him
Guest (Expert) 02 April 2018
Let Me Vijay Raj Mahajan Post his Explanation / Justification of his Comments
Guest (Expert) 02 April 2018
I totally agree with other Two Experts/ Advocates Please
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 04 April 2018
If you are seeking obligation from experts FREE OF COST you are required to disclose your identity as per rules of this platform.
No reply for an "anonymous" author.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query