Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Feeding stray cat

Dear Sir/Madam,
I
My query is regarding animals(cats). Recently I have been feeding some stray cats those come to my house. My neighbour is yelling at me to stop feeding such stray cats as they are making unwanted noises. I've come to know it is legal to feed such animals, and no laws can prohibit doing that. Can I legal action regarding that? Or give me suggestions.. Thanks in advance.
Venkatesh, Tirunelveli Tamil Nadu. 627006

Sudhir KumarOnline (Expert)

which law allows you to create nuisance in neighborhood.

Venkatesh DeoOnline (Querist)

Actually, it is not nuisance I (or the cats) create. The teeny-weeny small voices made them irritable and that too for a 1 to 2 minutes. They are specifically targeting us although there are more barking dogs in my neighbourhood. I conversed them in a polite manner. But they don't want the cats gets fed. I can hope over IPC section 503 & 506, & I can win over this situation. I'm already in talks with real experts and don't want a dumb answer from a dumb like you.

Consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for appreciation of facts, professional advise and necessary proceeding.

Venkatesh DeoOnline (Querist)

Thank you very much sir, for your valuable reply.

Sudhir KumarOnline (Expert)

Experts here may not be as wise and enlightened as you feel yourself to be.

However, they are giving free advise in their own time wasting their own electricity and net connection.

you may go to any lawyer, pay his his charges and yet you will have to be polite.

Venkatesh DeoOnline (Querist)

Dear Sudhir Kumar sir,
I understand that and I'm extremely sorry for that too. Thanks for your advice too.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate Online (Expert)

The envious neighbors will always be finding one or the other reason to somehow disturb or herm the neighbors whom they don't like for various reasons.
You are right that feeding the stray animals like dogs and cats is not an illegal act.
If the cats are making noise at the time of having their food then it is their nature which cannot be avoided.
Even if you don't feed the stray cats, suppose the cats or dogs make noise continuously and disturb everyone, can the neighbors take action against the animals?
You better don't pay heed to their such silly behavior, if they still constantly disturb you then you may either issue a legal notice to them to refrain from creating nuisance to you by their such acts or you can even approach local police with a complaint against them over their such undesirable activities targeting your peace living.
This is a simple matter which can be handled by yourself, hence you may act prudently as per the situation.

Venkatesh DeoOnline (Querist)

Oh very well sir, thank you for taking your valuable time for me. Yes that's the better thing I can do. Sure, I'll act accordingly.

You are welcome for your understanding and appreciations.

×

Civil Litigation Course     |    x