25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Family property - how to and what papers to acquire

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 24 August 2021 This query is : Resolved 
Dear sir/Ma'am:

We lived and still posses a house in a chawl since 1983. My father passed away in 2009 and I am not sure if and where the documents of the house are. The property is due for reconstruction and I would need to prove the ownership of the house. No one in my family knows of any documents. I have electricity, water bill, Ration card, etc. on my mother's name but that I am not sure proves the ownership of the house.

I have today received a notice from MCGM as appendix 8 and the officer explained that the sub engineer would visit the premise to verify the documents - which I suppose is basis request/complaint of the builder that intends to redevelop the property.

What documents/response should I have for this officer? and How should I go about searching/requesting the details of the property? I have just received the CTS No. through the notice from the MCGM, would the CTS number be helpful in acquiring the property details?

Thank you.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 25 August 2021
Is it really a legal problem for consideration and obligation of experts on this platform ?
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 25 August 2021
Yes. It is not a legal query. You may try in the Sub Registrar Office concerned by applying a copy of the document if registered in your father's name.
P. Venu (Expert) 26 August 2021
Possession itself is title to property unless unless it could be shown to be utterly wrong

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Expert of the Month

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query