LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Expand surname in birth certificate

(Querist) 04 June 2024 This query is : Resolved 
I live in Tamil Nadu. I want to expand the initial of my kid, who was born in Tamil Nadu, on the birth certificate. Currently, it is Lokesh. B in the birth certificate. My name is Balaraman. Like in Passport, I want it to be in Given Name + Surname format i.e., Lokesh Balaraman instead of just initial (B). Is this considered a change of name? What is the process to do this change?
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 04 June 2024
You cannot get your son's name changed in the birth certificate, instead you can follow the change of name procedures if you want your son's name to be changed but again that also will not help you to change his name in the birth certificate.
For expansion of initial in the passport application just give your name as surname, it will reflect everywhere in the same name
Balaraman S (Querist) 05 June 2024
Thanks for responding to my query Sir.
P. Venu (Expert) 05 June 2024
Where ever it is insisted or found necessary, father's name could be given as the surname.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 05 June 2024
Yes. I agree with the advice of the above experts.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now