Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Divorce from wife

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 10 October 2022 This query is : Resolved 
Hello, Writing on behalf of someone who's been unhappy with his wife since the day they got married.
Resident of Delhi-NCR (UP),the affected gentleman got married in Dec 2017.
His grounds for a divorce are:
1. No chemistry between them.E.G. no common interests ,no common hobbies.
2. He has to shore the household expenses by himself, despite her being an equally earning member.(she's his colleague too).She has flatly refused to pay the rent/other household expenses etc.
3.She has accused him of infidelity on the basis of his WhatsApp calls/him using the phone in the bathroom! The affected gentleman is an Event Manager, who has to stay at venues, exhibitions etc. for long days at a stretch,away from home and also liaises with his teams working across several time zones.
4. Mutual Colleagues and relatives have vouched for his integrity and ethics. Regardless of this, she continues checking his emails, WhatsApp messages, contacts to which he has given access.
5. His parents have tried intervening.Sadly,they are both no more.

The situation has become untenable; they live under the same roof but do not talk to each other.
Seeking advice to willfully terminate this acrimonious relationship.
Adv K Rajasekharan (Expert) 10 October 2022
The male alone cannot do much in order to end the relation, except without the consent of the other party or citing some reasons that the law of divorce recognize, such as cruelty or adultery on her part etc.

If both agree they can seek and get divorce easily, in the form of mutually consented divorce.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 10 October 2022
Yes. Your friend has no grounds to file a divorce case. So as advised by the learned expert, they both may file a mutual divorce petition in court.
P. Venu (Expert) 11 October 2022
Yes, seeking divorce by mutual consent is the only viable solution.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query