LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Divorce after decree of restitution of conjugal rights

(Querist) 01 May 2017 This query is : Resolved 
i have obtain decree of restitution but the decision is exparte. now whether i can obtain decree of divorce on that ground. suggest me any case law in this regard.
thank you.
Guest (Expert) 02 May 2017
When you have already obtained decree of restitution of conjugal rights, why not you get that executed and why now you are interested in divorce?
P. Venu (Expert) 02 May 2017
Failure of the wife to comply with the direction as to restitution of conjugal right gives you good and substantial ground for seeking divorce.
Guest (Expert) 02 May 2017
You have not stated, what efforts you have made to bring back your wife and what was her response after you got decree for restitution of conjugal rights.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 03 May 2017
Agree with the expert P. Venu.
Guest (Expert) 03 May 2017
Agree with experts
Susmita (Expert) 04 May 2017
I agree with the Mr. P. Venue as he is legally correct but also agreed with Mr. Dhingra becoz court must know what efforts he had taken for taking back his wife...? Or he arranged a fake case only to avoid maintenance... And easy divorce decree.
anil deoram kute (Querist) 25 December 2019
decree of divorce has been passed against the wife now she has filed appeal against that decree of divorce within limitation in such circumstances whether she need to file stay application against that divorce decree or not. If yes whether court can pass stay order in her favour?

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query