Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


(Querist) 23 May 2016 This query is : Resolved 
My divorce case got dismissed as we got married in goa n lived in bangalore at time of separation I filed divorce case in 2011. It was told my case doesn't come under bangalore jurisdiction. My lawyer said he wl appeal in high court. I am separated since 2007. Will I get divorce thru HC. Pl advise. Thanks
SAINATH DEVALLA (Expert) 23 May 2016
A divorce case can be filed at the place where the marriage took place,the place of matrimonial home,the place of parental home and also at the place where the couple are residing at the time of filing divorce.Hence as U were residing in Bangalore the jurisdiction aspect does not arise.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 23 May 2016
Only god can predict.

Full case file and orders of court need to be referred, for any advice in the matter, discuss with your lawyer.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 28 May 2016
You have not given the details that why your case was dismissed besides vaguely telling that this does not comes under Bangalore jurisdiction.
In my opinion if your marriage was performed as per the Rules of the state of Goa, then the court has rightly dismissed the petition on jurisdictional point of view, because only a court under the State of Goa can decide about the marriages that have been solemnised under the Rules of the Goa State government.
Therefore, if that is the reason, there wont be any use to prefer an appeal in the high court since you may get the same result there too.
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 30 September 2016
I stand with the observations raised by T. Kalaiselvan. You need to provide details of the said judgment so as to facilitate us to reply accordingly.

Otherwise also your query is whether you shall be successful in high court, is a vague question.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query