LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Division of inherited property

(Querist) 05 August 2022 This query is : Resolved 

There are total 4 siblings, 2 brothers, 2 sisters. Our father had self acquired a property when he was alive and after his death he did not leave any will. Our mother is still alive. Now after sometime there were some unlawful pressure was given by one of the brothers to other siblings and because of that all the 3 siblings signed and gave the whole property to that brother. Now it has been registered under his name. If we want to make a claim on that property now can we do that, will it be possible to get a share in the same. Also what can be the ways in which we can claim share.
Thank you for the help in advance.
Any response would be high appreciated
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 05 August 2022
Once you have relinquished your rights over the property, how can you claim now?
Rahul fulfafagar (Querist) 05 August 2022
Thank you for the response

The claim has risen due to the fact that it was not voluntary, this was something which was forced upon without any consent.

Hope this answers the question
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 06 August 2022
Firstly you have to file suit for cancellation of relinquishment deed as it was registered under coercion undue pressure and get cancelled the relinqueshment deed thereafter you can claim your shsre in property.
Rahul fulfafagar (Querist) 07 August 2022
Thank you for the reply Bhartesh Sir, really appreciate it.
P. Venu (Expert) 07 August 2022
Was the relinquishment executed through a registered deed? If so, it is rather impossible to get the relinquishments declared void.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query