LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

discharge in 498a

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 03 December 2010 This query is : Resolved 
my wife has booked for false 498a ipc covering my total family members. lawyers saying that to file discharge.

will it be success to file defamatory suit against wife after discharge? or

will it be success to file a private complaint u/s 211 of ipc against her ? or

will it be success to file a private complaint for false information given to police?

but police has filed charge shit allegation of the accused has snatched dowery without going into truth invistigation.
s.subramanian (Expert) 03 December 2010
First of all file a petition to quash the case against you . Then you can think of the rest.
Devajyoti Barman (Expert) 03 December 2010
1. No as false complaint does not necessarily mean defamation.
2.No, Only the Police can lodge such complant.
3.No, you have to allege specific allegations as provided for by IPC.
4. Then you can try for discharge or quashing of the proceeding.
Rajeev (Expert) 03 December 2010
yes Barman is right.
DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (Expert) 04 December 2010
First you have to prove the complaint false than only other remedies will be available.

No quash if the FIR disclosed allegations which may be false in your opinion.
Khaleel Ahmed (Expert) 09 December 2010
Well advised.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query