New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Eb and water connection for the patta land

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 26 July 2021 This query is : Resolved 
Dear sir,

I got married and my mother in law having two son's. one is my husband and another one is my brother in law. We are in different city. They are in village. My mother in law receiving patta now for her land. My brother in law getting EB and water connection with his name. Is it possible to get eb and water connection with my brother in law name? How? I want to know whether my mother in law transferred or changed patta in my brother in laws name. Is it possible with out knowing my husband's knowledge?

Is there any chance to give that land to my brother in laws name without informing to us?

Thanks in advance
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 26 July 2021
Merely getting water and electric connection in his own name does not mean that he became owner of property .If patta of land is on your mother's name then she has every right to sell, gift or transfer it to anyone as per her choice,she need not to take permission/consent from anyone.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 27 July 2021
I endorse the opinion and advise of expert Mr. Bhartesh Goyal.
The property can be transferred by your mother in-law if she has acquired it herself, which has no relevance to EB for water & electricity connection.
However, the patta of land involved in the query refers to title (ownership) or transfer of possession under tenancy ?
krishna mohan (Expert) 27 July 2021
EB and Water connection provided based on ownership of land/property documents. You can check in municipal records for facts But if the property is out of her earning she can gift to any one including our brother in law
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 27 July 2021
I agree with the advice of the learned expert Mr. Bhartesh Goyal sir.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now