Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Obc certificate name mistake

(Querist) 06 July 2021 This query is : Resolved 
Respected Sir/Madam,

My name is Pazhanimurugan A

I have obtained my OBC certificate through TNeGA which valid till 31.03.2022

Which mentioned as Pazhani Murugan son of Appathurai mistakenly because of my old Aadhaar proof. I have recently updated aadhaar correctly as Pazhanimurugan A and M Appadurai as per my 10th & 12th and Graduate certificate.

I want to correct my name and father name in this certificate which would necessary for my upsc examination. so please tell me in what way I would able to change it.

I have explained to my taluk office regarding issues but they said we cannot change in online verified certificate, you have to wait until the certificate date is expired.

So please suggest me possible way to resolve this issue .

Pazhanimurugan A
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 06 July 2021
You have to apply for Gazette Notification for a change of the name in Annexure-IA through the Tahsildar concerned.
Pazhanimurugan A (Querist) 07 July 2021
Certificate valid for 1 year only for that there is need for Gazette change ?
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 08 July 2021
It is a procedural query, no legal issue is involved.
However, get gazette published for correct name.
P. Venu (Expert) 09 July 2021
There is no mistake in the real sense; it is only that the name is different form. To my knowledge, UPSC adopts a realistic and purposive approach in such cases and seldom indulges in nipicking i.e. fault finding without any substantive fault.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 14 July 2021
This is not an error, however if you are so much concerned about it, then you can prepare a notarised affidavit stating that the name joined tiogether and read seprately are one and the same and denotes you only.
You can attach this affidavit with the other documents if at all they make an observation, if you do not want to follow this procedure then you may wait for this current year to be completed by next year March

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now