New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

How to get the legal heir certificate

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 04 February 2021 This query is : Resolved 
Hi sir, we have a situation like that there is a property in Andhra pradesh on the name of my grand father. And my grand father & my father also expired.
To convert our property, what is the process and how can i get the legal heir certificate..?
kavksatyanarayana Online (Expert) 04 February 2021
You have not mentioned whether your father had siblings or not. If there are no brothers and sisters to your father then your self, your mother and your siblings have equal rights over the property. If you have no disputes, then get a legal heir certificate from the Tahsildar concerned. Otherwise, get a succession certificate from the court by consulting a local advocate.
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 04 February 2021
My father had one unmarried brother and two sisters, and all were expired.
As per the instructions given by the legal heir application, are we eligible to apply it..?
kavksatyanarayana Online (Expert) 05 February 2021
Your father's brother's share will devolve among all the legal heirs as he is unmarried. But your father's sisters' children have rights over the share of each sister.
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 05 February 2021
Yes, Agree with expert ka ka satyanarayan.
krishna mohan (Expert) 08 February 2021
Rightly advised by Mr. Satyanarayana. You can approach the revenue authorities competent to effect name transfer based on the death certificate. After demise of your grand father, transfer ought to have been effected.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 14 February 2021
Well advised by experts, I agree.
It is a state subject, therefore, it is better to consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for proper analyses of facts/ documents, professional advise and necessary proceeding.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now