New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Certified copy of court judgement/order

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 10 January 2021 This query is : Resolved 
Can a legal heir of a deceased party to the civil suit, obtain certified copy of court order from District Court in Maharashtra ?
Legal heir is 3rd generation in succession and all ancestors are now dead. In this this can he seek certified copy of court judgement from District Court, ancestors of which were party to civil suit.
Guest (Expert) 10 January 2021
First you could Check and Down Load the Judgement of Indian Courts the Supreme Courts, High Courts, District Courts and Tribunals available ON LINE. You should have some details of the Case like Party's Name or Advocate's Name and Concerned Court and Year etc. You could do it your self or seek the help of Internet Operators.
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 10 January 2021
Let me make it clear that it is a regular civil suit,judgement of which was passed in the year 1930 by District Court.
The party to the suit was my father's great grandfather. Now my father being legal heir (no ancestor above father alive) is entitled to apply for certified copy. Name and year and suit number is available.
Guest (Expert) 10 January 2021
First Check Patiently in " India Kanoon " Website and Other websites
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 10 January 2021
Sir, I had checked India kanoon website. Old judgements are available of High Courts only. Is there any judgement archives available online for District Courts. I have checked whole search engine, but couldn't retrieve old District Court judgement(pre independence)
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 10 January 2021
If you feel any difficulty for getting the certified copy , get the service of lawyer .
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 10 January 2021
As it is an old one, hence it may not be found in the search engine. so consult and engage a local lawyer to process in the court concerned.
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 11 January 2021
As a legal heir can my father eligible for application of certified copy of court judgement of my ancestors ?
K Rajasekharan (Expert) 11 January 2021
Maharashtra rules are not known to me.

Such matters are described in detail in the Civil Rules of Practice of each state. Kerala version of such a document is titled “Civil Rules of Practice Kerala”.

However in general, as is in force in Kerala, a copy of the judgement is obtainable by any stranger by filing an application and paying the prescribed fee in the concerned court.

In order to get copies of other records of a case, a stranger can apply with a verified application setting forth the purpose and the concerned judge can allow copies of such records.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 12 January 2021
Can you (LR) find the judgment stated to have been passed in 1930 and now it is 2021 ?
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 12 January 2021
Hello Dr. Vashista. I had presumed court judgement to be permanent document for preservation. Is the case otherwise?
krishna mohan (Expert) 13 January 2021
You can approach the lawyer practicing in the said court to help you to get certified copy.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now