New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


(Querist) 07 February 2020 This query is : Resolved 
I want to marry a guy. We both are Hindu. The problem is that he is my FATHER'S MOTHER'S BROTHER'S SON which our custom doesn't allow to marry. Can this marriage be solemnised under Special Marriage Act? Please suggest I need help.
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 07 February 2020
Yes. It can be done under Special marriage Act as the same do not fll within the ambit of prohibited marriages there.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 07 February 2020
Yes. the relationship between you and him comes under maternal uncle and so it can be done under SM Act.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 09 February 2020
Can you find some other suitable match to marry him? It would be better to change your perception and avoid such marriage.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 20 February 2020
If your family customs to not allow this proposal to marry within this relationship, then yo may get married under the provisions of special marriage act also.
In fact there is no restriction for the couple to get married who fall in this type of relationship in the Hindu marriage act.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now