New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Clarification reg property whose belongs to

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 11 December 2019 This query is : Resolved 
hello sir,
i am dinesh kumar we have one house belongs to my grandfather who is no more and he has one wife (my grand mother ) she to expired and my grand father has 4 children (with two daughter and two sons) my father is youngest son.
sir i need clarification that my grand father has given will deed to his two son (1 for to my father and to my fathers elder brother ) now my fathers elder brother is no more and my father has decided to make a registration our house on my name sir can anyone give legal advise for the procedure for registration on my name.
and a common man says if v had paid house property tax and water tax for more than 10 years that property belongs to that tax payer is it so sir please clarify
K Rajasekharan (Expert) 11 December 2019
Your father gets what has been stated for him in the Will and he can transfer it to you by executing a gift deed or sale deed .

But in the other case, the property intended to be bequeathed to your father's brother will be devolved to his legal heirs as he is no more.
kavksatyanarayana Online (Expert) 11 December 2019
As per your grandfather's will, the property will be divided in two equal shares to your father and his brother. So your father may execute Gift deed for his share in your favour. For your father's brother's share will be devolved to his children.
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 14 December 2019
First of all the will is required to be probated in the local civil court wherein the legal heirs of your deceased uncle are to be impleaded as parties in that petition. Whatever you have heard from commonman is not legal and accurate. Merely by depositing the house tax or municipal tax for a period of 10 years makes a person owner to that property than I am ready to deposit the properties of my choice but the same shall not give me a legal right to claim as you told.
Sankaranarayanan (Expert) 14 December 2019
Where are you from? With all details you better to approach local lawyer .
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 02 January 2020
Your father may enforce the Will bequest and file an application for mutation of revenue records to his name from his father's name. Once this process is completed then he may transfer this property to you by executing a registered settlement or gift deed after which you will become an absolute owner of the proeprty with clear and marketable title to the property.
Law of adverse possession may not operate to this institution.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now