Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Will deed/release deed

(Querist) 05 March 2019 This query is : Resolved 

Good Morning!

I am going to share my query. I have no brother but one sister. My father and mother are alive. I have some immovable properties in my name. I got property from my father inherently. Now all immovable properties are on my name. My sister may demand share in my property.

In case my sister’s claim in my property. Whatever property I have it is inherent property. I do not have much income to accumulate such property.

What is way out to nullify my sister claim?

Can I do register Will Deed or Release deed concern of my sister?

Please guide & advise me.

Awaiting for reply

Regards Vikas
KISHAN DUTT KALASKAR (Expert) 05 March 2019
Dear Sir,
It is better to take registered release deed from your sister stating that she has no claim over your properties and her parents properties. If she did not agree then get a Will from your father bequeathing all the properties in your name or atleast confirming the properties which are already standing in your name and further stating that your sister has no rights over such properties.

Please mark “LIKE” if satisfied by my answer.
Vijay Raj Mahajan (Expert) 05 March 2019
How you inherited your father's property when he's still alive.
At least write correctly what you want to say.
Your details should be clearly mention how you got property in your name, it's immovable property that can change hand only by registered deed of transfer either as gift or sale, it's not a toy that father can present to son in hand.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 05 March 2019
Yes. I agree with the advise of expert Mr. Maharajan ji. How did you inherit your father's inherit (ancestral) property as he is alive. And how do you that the properties are in your name? Is there any deed? Your father may gift/sell as his property. If really the property is an ancestral property you have equal share with all the legal heirs.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 07 March 2019
Well analysed and questioned by expert Mr. Vijay Raj Mahajan, I agree.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 07 March 2019
Will can be operative after death of the testator.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 07 March 2019
Yourself and your sister shall inherit the property of your father after his death only.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :