LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ex-wife holding ppf book

(Querist) 03 July 2018 This query is : Resolved 
I am separated with wife 3years ago & last month we are legally divorced from the Court.
2yrs back at the time of taking her luggage she was intestinally taken my Post office PPF book with her.
Holding my PPF book with her she deposited some amount into my PPF account.
I have opened this book in 2002 and operated till 2014. 2015 onwards I didn't paid the amount. 2017 I recognized that account & money was matured.
Recently I went to the Post office and requested for me providing the duplicate PPF book
The Postmaster refused me to take duplicate passbook application stating that my wife is holding my book and asked me to collect from her.
I told him we are legally divorced she is no more relationship with me. ( I came to know that one of the clerk from the same post office she was spoken to the Postmaster not to issue a duplicate passbook for me and asked him to transfer the PPF book to other post office which is nearer to her without my signature )
My ex-wife is calming that she paid the all the amount asking me the to give all the matured amount.
My Questions
1. How to get the duplicate book from the Post office? Whom I have to escalate these issue to postal authorities ?
2. Can she withdraw the amount or transfer without my signature?
3. Does she having right on that amount after taking the divorce?
Please advise me on this
Vijay Raj Mahajan (Expert) 03 July 2018
When you got divorced, this issue should have been settled at that time. What was your lawyer doing at that time other then counting currency notes collected from you, it was his duty to guide you with regard to issues relating to bank or post office accounts etc.
The PPF account is exclusively in your name then no changes in the same with regard to transfer of account from one branch to another can be done without your consent and signed request. You meet the head postmaster of your city and inform him of all irregularities being done and non-cooperation of the Post Office staff where you have PPF account including refusal to issue duplicate pass book as requested by you.
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 04 July 2018
Agree with Vijay Raj Mahajan.
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 04 July 2018
Agree with Vijay Raj Mahajan.
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 05 July 2018
Agree with Vijay Raj Mahajan
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 05 July 2018
I are with Vijay Raj Mahajan
P. Venu (Expert) 05 July 2018
Yes, you can take up the matter with the higher authorities of the Postal Department. Anyhow, your wife can have no claim in the PPF account just on the strength of the passbook.
P. Venu (Expert) 05 July 2018
Ms.Usha Kapoor:

Kindly spare us of valueless postings!

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query