Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Wife's rights in my property

(Querist) 31 May 2018 This query is : Resolved 
My in laws & wife filed 498 a case against me. In DV case court in its final judgement has ordered 5 lakhs compensation & 7000 as maintenance. Now my mother wants to give one plot of 1500 sft which was her self purchased property.

Is my wife will entitled her share if it transferred to me.
Pl give Ur opinions.
Guest (Expert) 31 May 2018
Once the Final Judgement is Ordered there can not be any more further claims from your wife side. You had not mentioned clearly about whether divorce is ordered or not. If the divorce was not ordered then she can make her claim in your properties other wise if the divorce is ordered your mother could register the property on your name.
Guest (Expert) 31 May 2018
You had not mentioned any thing about your children.
Athi Vishal HD (Querist) 31 May 2018
Sir divorce case is not yet filed. At present my twin girl childs 7yrs are with my in laws.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 31 May 2018
Then wait till the outcome of judgment.
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 01 June 2018
Now this is the time to transfer in your name by your Mother 1500 Square feet of plot property for your wife to claim later on.
Guest (Expert) 01 June 2018
I differ with the views of Mr. NJS Rajkumar and Mr. KAVK Satyanarayana. 498a case has no relevance to decide about the share of wife in any property. 498a case cannot put any bar on the legal rights of a wife on her husband in whatever respect that be. If she is not divorced, she would be eligible to legally claim her share in the property only after your death, as your legal heir, if your death happens before her own death.

Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 03 June 2018
No reply for the author who is in the habit of posting various questions to improve his legal knowledge without any relevance.
It is abuse of this platform and Admin LCI is requested to delete account of such author.
Athi Vishal HD (Querist) 04 June 2018
Dear vasista sir I have lot problems hence
I m asking so many quiriest. My problem started in 2013 and still continues.

Some of problems are
1. Wife is mentally unsound
2. I'm facing 498a case under court trail
3. 2 appeals against DV final order under trail from my side and Alain from op side)
4. My in laws kidnapped my twin girl childs
5. I'm facing dept enquiry in view of 498 a
case increment is withheld since 2013
7. My promotion is withheld and put in sealed cover since.

Pl believe me. I'm not a law student. I'm working in Karnataka state government from last 18 years.
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 04 July 2018
I agree with Narasimha.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :