New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sole properteriorship Business ( Reply required)

(Querist) 16 October 2009 This query is : Resolved 
Hi i want to open Pest Control Business in Ludhaina or Chandigarh location. As no regisration is required yet i want to register. Also my business fall under service tax category. So where should i go for registration. I do not want go for shop and establishment as it is lenghty and money consuming process.
I need to have Pest Control license from Agri dept that is secondary thing. But firstly i want to know the which department regaister my business.
I welcome as much comment as you can.
Rinku gupta

Thanks all who reply my query. Please tell me more about shop n Establishment . what document are required and where to register under shop and establishment.
If i avail a shop on rent , can i establish my business under shop and establish act.
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 16 October 2009
Rinku Gupta ji! I am unable to agree with you that the registration under shops and Establishment Act takes long time and money. The time is required only an hour and registration amount in Haryana is Rs. 8/- and it might be similar or below rs. 100/- in Punjab. It is better to get register it under same act. Registration with Sales Tax Department, VAT, Agricultural Department etc. are further necessary registrations required in your case.
joyce (Expert) 16 October 2009
one Mr Kiran Kumar an expert and a practising lawyer of high court is resident of that place, u can contact him personally as he is local advocate to u. his contact is avaialble in this web site only.
S R agrawal (Expert) 18 October 2009
Rinku Guptaji! Wish you a happy Diwali. As regards your querry for registration, I fully agree with Mr. Makkad that you should go for registration under Shops and Establishment Act.As regards Service Tax, although your activity falls under Taxable Services, yet Service Tax registration shall be required only when the Taxable value of Services received by you in a financial year reaches Rs. 9 lacs.Ofcource, you may require registration under VAT and agriculture department.
Rinku (Querist) 18 October 2009
thanks all to those who reply my question.
Please tell me where can i vist for Shop and establishment .

VAT is not required for me


Rinku Gupta

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :