LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rectification of name

(Querist) 04 September 2009 This query is : Resolved 
Mr.Shabbir Ahmed is having a daughter who is residing with her maternal uncle since childhood in Mumbai.Her name in her matriculation certificate is mentioned as Miss Sana Shabbir Khan and her father's name as Mr. Shabbir Khan. Now she is doing job and having some problems with her and her father's name as he is Mr. Shabbir Ahmed.How can she rectify her and her father's name in the court so that she can't face further any problem,please suggest me
A V Vishal (Expert) 04 September 2009
In case you wish to change/rectify your name, that also includes your father's name or even Surname you have to follow a very simple procedure.

1. Go to the State Government Press in the Capital City of your state.
2. Ask them for the form for change of name and obtain it.
3. Fill up the form and submit it (preferably then and there).
4. Pay the requisite Fees in cash. (Rs. 120/- in Maharashtra for routine (6-8 weeks for publication) and Rs. 620/- for urgent (2-3 weeks)).
5. The Press would publish the details of the change of your name (or father's name, or surname as be your case) and post you two copies of the Government Gazette or ask you to collect the same. The press would also let you know when they would publish the same.

6. Thereafter wherever you wish to submit your change of Name / Father's Name / Surname Proof, you can submit true copies of the relevant pages of the Gazette.

The procedure is adopted for the change in the date of birth and age and even for a change of religion.

Jayashree Hariharan (Expert) 04 September 2009
She has to file an affidavit before the jurisdictional metropolitan magistrate and get it signed by him. then give an ad in the newspaper. that's it. Pls refer to MUmbai rules, in some States, Notary affidavit is sufficient.
Adinath@Avinash Patil (Expert) 05 September 2009
In opinion Mr. vishal has resolved your query.
Pranay Shahdeo (Querist) 05 September 2009
Thanks all of you for your advice

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query