LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

implications of section 306 after 5 yrs of divorce.

(Querist) 02 July 2009 This query is : Resolved 
Dear sirs,

Pls help as i am in a fix. My ex-wife committed suicide recently after almost 5 yrs of legal divorce. I have just found that she has left behind a letter where she has blamed me for harassing her thru our kids. Now my kids though studying are adults and are out studying and I never talk to them about their mother. I have also had no contact for at least three years with the ex either thru phone, email, etc. My phone records can be checked. Also after divorce she moved to a city about 2500 kms away and there is no question of physical meetings.

What can I do now? am I still liable? Doesn't being divorced have no meaning? could the police arrest me on this?

Thanks for a quick reply
A V Vishal (Expert) 02 July 2009
What are the contents of the suicide note has to be verified. Further, if you have alibi to prove your innocence you need not worry. The police can interrogate you on suspicion. However i suggest you apply for Anticipatory bail if you smell trouble.
n.k.sarin (Expert) 02 July 2009
I agree with Mr. Vishal.
Manish Raghav (Expert) 02 July 2009
Its better to get anticipatory bail.
SANJAY DIXIT (Expert) 02 July 2009
Yes, you may very well go for anticipatory bail. But don't worry as for as you have mentioned the conditions and circumstances you wouldn't liable for the case.
PARTHA P BORBORA (Expert) 03 July 2009
untill and unless police register a case againt u question of anticipatory bail does not arise at all. police will investgate the case and durin investigation they may intarogate u.if u can prove that therewas no relation between u and ur ex for last 3 years as well as u reside 2500 km away u can easily prove ur r innocence. so, u need not worry
PALNITKAR V.V. (Expert) 04 July 2009
Is it necessary that FIR must have been filed in order to get anticipatory bail.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :