25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Copy of Registration copy.

(Querist) 01 February 2009 This query is : Resolved 
Can a person ask Registrar/Sub-registrar for a copy of Registered Will (copy) of dead person? Is there any bar?If refused,Can i use RTI Act.2005 for the same?
Matter is very URGENT nature.I request, Learned members of the forum to reply me at the earliest!
With Regards...
PALNITKAR V.V. (Expert) 01 February 2009
If the will is registered, the Registrar is bound to give copy of the will. You can use RTI Act for the same.
Sushil Kumar Bhatia (Expert) 02 February 2009
any instrument registered in sub registrar office became a public document if you have correct details of execution of will its date,and registration no. etc you can apply for certified copy for the same a prescribed copying fees should be paid by you
sanjeev murthy desai (Expert) 02 February 2009

I agree with above answers
Ramesh (Querist) 02 February 2009
Dear Friends,

Thank you very much you ALL,for the valuable information provided.

But,in case the particulars like Execution date, Registration no. etc are not known;then can a person apply for 'Document Search' giving 'Year of the Document'?

With Regards...
sanjeev murthy desai (Expert) 02 February 2009
Dear Ramesh,

Yes, You can, Registration act section 57 provides any person self inspection of books and indexs of the sub- Register office.

Firstly You have to file a application for self inspection and find out the document details of subject property and thereafter you have file a application for that certified copy

sanjeev desai
Ramesh (Querist) 02 February 2009
Dear Sanjeev desai,

Thank you very much,for your kind and 'Instant Clear' reply.

with Regards...
arunprakaash.m. (Expert) 03 February 2009
you have prove that the concerned person is dead.
RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (Expert) 03 February 2009
I do agree with MR. SANJEEV DESAI.
M. PIRAVI PERUMAL (Expert) 04 February 2009
For obtaining certified copies of WILL you have to enclose the death certificate of the executant and that the applicant have to submit photo identity card. Power Deeds and Wills are entered in BOOK IV which cannot be obtained easily as sale deeds, settlement deeds, trust deed etc. in each STate they have some procedure so check it out.
Ramesh (Querist) 16 February 2009
Dear Friends,

Thank you very much for your guidance!

I Managed to find the will. But, as our friend m.piravi perumal said,the Registrar asking to produce the death certificate of the executant. The problem here is the concerned municipality do not have the old records(then panchayat). What is the alternative procedure,to prove the person is dead.

Can i use, a document(registered) where the executant of the will is addressed as late(before his name)? or any other alternative procedure to prove his death?

I will be thankful/appreciate, an early reply please...

with regards...
sanjeev murthy desai (Expert) 17 February 2009
Dear Ramesh

Affidavit for confirming death of party, it is enough to prove.

sanjeev desai
Ramesh (Querist) 17 February 2009
Dear Sanjeev desai,

Thank you very much.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Expert of the Month

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query