LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Delhi police avoid to file fir against forgery

(Querist) 06 February 2014 This query is : Resolved 
A complaint was filed by RWA president against my company CEO’s wife who is working in a central government hospital and an office memo was issued by the hospital on basis of the complaint.
Upon query it was understood that the complaint was signed by 5 office bearers of RWA and found that three of the member’s signatures were forged by the President. Hence a complaint was filed in Police Station with supporting documents of victims whose signatures were forged.
Police took the statements of three witnesses whose signatures were forged. Our complaint is still pending since 22nd Feb 2014 and they hesitate to file the FIR. Please inform what next, can we go to jurisdiction?
Kiran Kumar (Expert) 06 February 2014
In a recent judgment, Hon'ble 5 Judges Bench of SC, titled as Lalita Kumari v/s Govt. of UP, has held that registration of FIR, in cases where the offence reported is cognizable in nature, is mandatory.

for further appropriate action, visit some local lawyer and move appropriate petition to ensure that FIR is registered.dc
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 07 February 2014
Date seem to be mentioned wrongly as 22nd Feb 2014, it has not come yet.

If the police is not registering FIR take help of court.

Probably police may lodge FIR for forge signatures. It would be in line with recent incident while FIR was not lodged even when asked by a minister but against the minister FIR was registered immediately in Delhi.

In the biggest loot (robbery) case of Delhi the culprits robbed the victim, one robber was caught by police with some cash and he was robbed by the police (another State) and was set free.

We have to live with the system, let us have hope from judiciary in such an environment.
PARTHA P BORBORA (Expert) 07 February 2014
you may file a complaint case before your area magistrate.
ajay sethi (Expert) 07 February 2014
if police is refusing to lodge FIR you can lodge complaint with magistrate to direct cops to investigate
Advocate. Arunagiri (Expert) 07 February 2014
Right advise by Mr.Ajay Sethi.
lingraj maradi (Expert) 08 February 2014
you have remedy to file complaint under section 200 Cr.P.C before juridictional magistrate court
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 08 February 2014
You can file a petition before the judicial magistrate of your jurisdiction u/s 156(3) of Cr. P.C seeking direction to police to register FIR and further legal courts of action.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query