Delay in getting legal heir certificate

Dear Team,

I am from chennai. I have applied for legal heir certificate in the month of February 2021.Its been three months . Till now VAO not visited my place for verification. When I checked they told me that it's during election will take time and VAO is busy but now after election still it's pending with VAO. I know after 6 months my legal heir application will be invalid. Please advice what needs to be done. Whom to complain.

You shall file an application directly to the Tahsildar regarding the dealy marking a copy to the District Collector. Then make a complaint to the District Collector directly.

It is true that Revenue officers are too busy during election time that routine functions are often unattended. Pursue the issue after the election process is completed.

×