LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Declatory decree

(Querist) 04 September 2012 This query is : Resolved 
My client is an NRI. he has an indian passport and an american passport. he has dual citizenship. indian passport carries DOB as mentioned in the birth certificate which is correct. american passport carries the DOB as mentioned in his school leaving certificate which is incorrect. other proofs such as pan card etc also carries wrong DOB. American passport is due for renewal and they noticed this discrepancy. american embassy asking for the court order. should a declaratory decree would suffice the requirement... or under any other category the suit pertains.. pl advise.
Anish Thakur 7018812737 (Expert) 04 September 2012
respected Author,
the declaratory decree obtained by the court is the well adopted remedy for the error/mistakes like you has raised in your query.
R.K Nanda (Expert) 04 September 2012
ask from embassy what court order they want.
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 06 September 2012
Suit for declaration is more than sufficient in this matter. Get the entries entered in pan card, american passport etc. as wrong and illegal and further relief to get them corrected in consonance with your Indian passport and actual date of birth certificate.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query