LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Daughters share in fathers property

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 28 December 2009 This query is : Resolved 
My mother's father has agriculter land in uttar pradesh.He has three sons and 2 daughters.part of the land is ansectral land.

please help on below question.

1. Is hindu succession act overriding U.P land reform act?

2. Has Uttar pradesh land reform act been amended to include equal share for daughter also.

3. Does the amendment applies to daughter married 25 years back?
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 28 December 2009
1. Yes.

2. No requirement is necessary as central act overrides state act.

3. Year of marriage has nothing to do with the benefit rather it is the time/year of death of father of your mother. If he expired after 2005 then your mother is entitled for the equal share with all legal heirs of your Nana ji in the entire land left by him whether it was ancestral or self acquired..
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 28 December 2009
Thank you sir.

I have one more question on this,if my nanaji want to distribute land aquired by him only to his sons, then can any legal action be taken?
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 29 December 2009
Please help!!
Adinath@Avinash Patil (Expert) 29 December 2009
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 30 December 2009
Khaleel Ahmed (Expert) 30 December 2009
Well advised Mr.Raj Kumar.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query