LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Daughter claim

(Querist) 03 November 2014 This query is : Resolved 
dear sir /madam,

is daughter can or entitle to claim a share from her father's property?

the property purchased, and registered as a gift deed by her grandfather to her father. her father is alive.please kindly advice.
KAMARAJ BHARATHY G (Expert) 03 November 2014
This property was not ancestral property of your father. Even though the property was purchased in the name of your grandfather, the same has been gifted to your father. At this juncture, the property shall be treated as self-acquired property of your father. In case the property was purchased by your grand father by selling the ancestral properties, then you may take a stand to claim, subject to the provision of succession Act.
Shailesh Kr. Shah (Expert) 04 November 2014
In addition to above expert opinion, during the life time of father, daughter have no claim on father's property.
Devajyoti Barman (Expert) 06 November 2014
Kumar Doab (Expert) 10 November 2014
Agreed with experts.
venkatesh (Querist) 24 January 2015
dear sir/madam.

my wife filed a case claming her share, the property has purchased by her grand father and gifted it to her father,,after filing ,even case is going on her father writtned a will leaving all properity to his sons and submitted it in the court,he is still alive,so my qustion is while case is going on can he write will? is it legally valid? please kind advise.

thanking you sir,



You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query