Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Correction in witness' statement in criminal case

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 07 October 2021 This query is : Resolved 
There are some typographical mistakes in a witness' statement, which we noticed after getting a certified copy of it. Words "regarding this" are missing in a line in cross examination, which seems to make it without context. "Father" is written instead of "mother" once in examination-in-chief, whereas every other instance is correctly written as "mother".

How to have typographical mistakes in cross examination and examination-in-chief corrected in a criminal case?

Do we need to submit an application regarding it?

Under what section of CrPC or some other provision would the application be?

Sorry for being anonymous, but it is important.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 07 October 2021
What is the opinion of your own counsel?
Pradipta Nath (Expert) 08 October 2021
Exactly what is the opinion of your counsel! As in criminal case it will hardly be permitted, anyhow file a petition and take concurrence with the court, prosecution or defense as the case may be.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query