LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Consumer law

(Querist) 17 September 2012 This query is : Resolved 
sir, i have bought a pair of woodland shoes from woodland company showroom at gulbarga - karnataka, on 12/9/2012. while i bought the shoes i wore them and i did not find any problem. i started wearing them after five day from the date of purchase. on day one i had pains in my legs after wearing them, but i ignored them as i thought that the shoes are new, but even after a week, my legs are painful after wearing these woodland shoes and there is no pain if other shoes are woren. the show room people are not ready to exchange the same. kindly advise me can i file case in consumer court and if yes what is the procedure and reqirements - thanks
ajay sethi (Expert) 17 September 2012
you will spend more money on fighting the case than the cost s of shoes .

you will have to prove that shoes are defective . woodland is a reputed brand .

if you so desire issue legal notice to company. maybe company will replace shoes as no company wants disatisfied customers
Guest (Expert) 17 September 2012
Dear Santosh,

Companies exchange their product only if any manufacturing defect is noticed in their product. Otherwise not. You can approach the company, if you find any manufacturing defect in the shoes that too within the warranty period.

Even any case, if filed, in the Consumer Forum may not help you unless you produce a medical report from a Government hospital with clear statement that you could get the stated health problem only due to wearing of the said Woodland shoes.
Guest (Expert) 17 September 2012
If you are able to produce the medical report as suggested in my previous reply, you can file a case in the consumer forum for claining refund as well as claim for compensation for the effect to your health & fitness.
Devajyoti Barman (Expert) 17 September 2012
Good case for consumer forum..

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query