consumer complaint against BSNL is maintainable or not

R/Members
I want to know consumer complaint against BSNL is maintainable or not.Kindly suggest.Thanx

Arvind Singh ChauhanOnline (Expert)

Of course maintainable. But According to latest SC's judgment it some complaints are out of the purview of Consumer forum as I am attaching the judgment.

You can try the site-
http://www.ccccore.co.in/

I have tried it, it is very effective.

Arvind Singh ChauhanOnline (Expert)

Sorry I forgot to attach- fins here

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Expert)

Where there is departmental consumer grievance resolution forum, a complaint before consumer forum is not maintainable. BSNL has such departmental consumer forum.

Advocate Anuj Anand (Expert)

No in case of billing disputes.

regarding the poor maintenance, improper service, etc will cover under the consumer case.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo )Online (Expert)

yes provided there should be a deficiency in rendering the better service

Advocate. Arunagiri (Expert)

BSNL is having a departmental forum, but the consumer is having the right of proceeding in the consumer court alone or also in addition to the departmental forum's proceedings.

Amit Minocha (Expert)

it is not maintainable as per latest SC Judgment (Supra) , telegraph Act would come into picture

Sure, BSNL services also fall within the domain of the Consumer Forum if BSNL fails to provide proper services to its consumers.

However, you can also raise a dispute and ask BSNL to appoint Arbitrator for arbitration to settle the dispute, as per the provisions of the Telegraph Act 1885.

Sachin Bhatia (Expert)

If you are the consumer of BSNL definately complaint is maintainable.

×