LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Conflict of interest

(Querist) 03 April 2024 This query is : Resolved 
I, Samit Thakkar into business of Broking in Real Estate woud like to get an advise regarding what can be done if the manger appointed by a housing society (wherein it is my business place) indulges in doing broking in the same building rather than manage, maintain and administer day to day of affairs of the society.Does any law govern such act of conflict of interest.
Request your lawyer community to guide me in this regard and what action can be taken for the same.
Isaac Gabriel (Expert) 03 April 2024
The Secretary is under the control of the Governing Boar.If any malpractices are found out action could be taken against him.If needed the matter to be reported to the jurisdictional Registrar to order an enquiry and punish him.
kavksatyanarayana Online (Expert) 03 April 2024
The Manager was appointed by the Housing Society. And you are doing broking not only for that building also do broking with other buildings as it is your job. But the society was not appointed as a broker and not living in the building as per stated facts. So how can you complain against the manager?
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 03 April 2024
The society appointed manager is not restricted from doing Broking business.
The Broking business is not your private property.Anyone has talent can do this profession.
You cannot take any action against the person who did not harm you for any reason particularly for this reason.
You cannot restrict him from exercising his rights to profess his profession.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now