LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Complaint on unauthorized construction

(Querist) 09 July 2024 This query is : Resolved 
I am 35 years old living in my ancestors property. I have filed a complaint regarding an ongoing unauthorized construction being carried out near my house without planning permission. The corporation is threatening me with a madras high court order stating "a person who has done illegal construction cannot lodge complaint on others" and they have said they will inspect my ancestor property as well and take enforcement action if it is found illegal. I am living in an ancestors' property that was constructed when I was 10 years old, and the property documents are in my late father and senior citizen mother's name. Am I not allowed to file a complaint?
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 09 July 2024
Since it is not your own construction, there's nothing to be scared about their threats.
You don't withdraw your complaint
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 09 July 2024
You can file a complaint to the planning commission for any grievance.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now