30% OFF on all Law Courses until 10th of July. Enroll Now. Use Code: July30
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Commercial property rent laws

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 06 November 2011 This query is : Resolved 
What are the laws in the favour of a landlord to get vacant possession of one's commercial property? How much time does the legal procedure take?
Arvind Sehdev (Expert) 06 November 2011
The law regarding property now favors landlords more...
File on grounds of personal necessity you'll get it vacated faster....
What personal necessity if you ask me, I would say think about it.... What story can u cook up...
adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (Expert) 06 November 2011
you will have to file a suit for possession by giving a notice to the tenant under the transfer of property act.
Time depends on the pendency of the cases in the court
Kiran Kumar (Expert) 06 November 2011
there are different set of rent laws in different states...the action has to be according to the law applicable to the said property.

time period is not fixed and largely depends upon the burden upon the court and the involvement of the litigants.
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 07 November 2011
Thanks for the reply.
I rented out a booth in Punjab at rent fixed at Rs17000/- but since the market area was new, I allowed the tenant a rebate of 50%.now the agreement has expired leaving the tenant unwilling to extend the same & vacate the property. What legal action can be taken?during the litigation, would I be entitled to the original Rs17000/- rent? Are there any similar cases judgements passed that can be used for reference?
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 07 November 2011
Also, the tenant refusing to pay an increased rent under the new agreement, has not even paid the rent for the month of November. what legal course can be followed for an early vacation of property? What laws stand in favour of the landlord in such cases? Let me know If there is any fast track court for a quick decision?

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query