LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Civil imprisonment in civil contempt

(Querist) 05 April 2024 This query is : Resolved 
What is civil imprisonment? And what can we do after getting civil sentence by district court?
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 05 April 2024
The punishment awarded to the contemnor can be remitted if he/ she makes an apology which is further required to be accepted by the Court.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 06 April 2024
If the decree remained unsatisfied for 30 days or otherwise the Judgment Debtor disobeys the decree, the Court may direct the person disobeying the order to be detained in the civil prison for a term not exceeding three months.
P. Venu (Expert) 06 April 2024
What are the facts? What is the context?
Is it the case of imprisonment in execution of a decree or that of contempt of court?

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now