Upgrad LLM

Cheating, cruelty, abuse.

This query is : Resolved 

15 August 2011

Hello Sir,

I have been cheated and am being abused mentally, physically. I was married 4 yrs ago in US in a Hindu temple. We paid large amount towards dowry.I realize that his family carried out a nice drama for the sake of money, and their plan is to get rid of me now, as his studies are done and he is in a decent job now. He creates a situation and abuses me, and clearly pushing me towards running away from him, but speaking out sweetly.

I am tired of his tricks to make me run away on my own. I really want to go away from him. But I want to see that other girls donot get cheated by this family again, like me. His family and some friends were involved in the drama. How can I bring them to justice in India ? Under what sections can I recover the large money we paid to them ? I belong to Visakhapatnam in India, Would highly appreciate if I can get a good advice from learned lawyers.


ashok kumar singhOnline (Expert)
15 August 2011

lodge the facts with the concerned Local Police Station and request for starting a case under Section 498A, 406, and 34 of the Indian Penal Code, also lodge one Case under Domestic Violence Act, and for maintenance lodge one case under Section 125 of Cr.P.C. and furthermore you can lodge one Divorce application before the Hon'ble District Judge, seeking some other remedies also including permanent alimony thereof.

ajay sethiOnline (Expert)
15 August 2011

are you in USA or india at present . Mr singh has summarised in short the legal options available to you .

Raj Kumar MakkadOnline (Expert)
15 August 2011

As Indian citizen, you can avail the remedy told by ashok but if u r USA citizen den avail remedies available under their Law.

M/s. Y-not legal services (Expert)
16 August 2011

Am agree with mr.makkad. First you clear that you are indian citizen or u.s.a citizen?

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x