Charge sheet

As per Criminal Manual of CBI investigation has to be entrusted to Inspector and above only in case of cases involved PCA by SP.
After the investigation by the inspector final report is to be submitted to SP to accept or reject.
My querry is
1. Who has to sign the charge sheet when it is submitted to the court? is the inspector or SP or any authority above Inspector?
2. If the investigation was done by two IOs then is it necessary that both the IOs to sign the charge sheet that is to be submitted before the CBI court.
3. If the charge sheet signed by the second IO says he had relied on the investigation made by his predecessor while deposing as as PW then please tell can the charge sheet be treated as defective.How to handle this issue.

Greatful if the expert views is provided on the above questions with proper backup.

regards

prabhu

Siddharth Dev (Expert)

answer to your query are;
1. by IO of the case.
2. technically we say two IO's in some type of cases like murder, NDPS etc. but there is only one IO i.e., to whom case to be assigned.
3. As i said earlier the person to whom case is assigned that is only IO of the case ref. Cr.PC. so means so called first IO is in fact only a PW.

Thank You;
www.satron19.com

Siddharth Dev (Expert)

hence solved.

Academic query, state material facts of the problem if any.

m.v.prabhakarOnline (Querist)

Thank you Mr. Dev

Devajyoti BarmanOnline (Expert)

academic query.....no reply..

Siddharth Dev (Expert)

Very Welcome for my honor sir!

Thank you;
www.satron19.com

×

CrPC Course!     |    x