Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Change of ownership

(Querist) 18 July 2011 This query is : Resolved 
My sister, aged 58 years, never married, living with me throughout life. She is sole and absolute owner of a small piece of land(3.5 dec.)adjacent to my land and within protected premises. She owned this land by purchase in 1992. It is free from any kind of encumbrancement.
Now she is willing and also it is necessary to transfer the ownership of this land from her name to the name of my son,who is the next kin to her.
Kindly guide me for the easiest way to get the job done without being expensive.
R.Ramachandran (Expert) 18 July 2011
There are three methods in which she can give the property in the name of your son.
(1) Outright sale - this will involve, consideration and stamp duty on the value of the property and registration charges. This option is the lease preferable option and rather an option not worth considering since you are not going to pay any consideration at all.

(2) She can give the property by means of a GIFT Deed. The Gift Deed is requuired to be registered. This will involve stamp duty and registration charges. The property will get transferred in this method immediately to your son's name.

(3) She can leave a Registered WILL in favour of your son. This will be the lease expensive. But the property will pass on to your son only after the life time of your sister.
Devajyoti Barman (Expert) 18 July 2011
Yes and from the point of cost gift would be most appropriate.
prabhakar singh (Expert) 18 July 2011
if ownership is desired to be transferred at once then gift is the only best way.
Dilip Kumar Mondal (Querist) 19 July 2011
Sir, thank you for your guidance on the issue I asked for yesterday(18/07/2011). I understand that the best option for this change of ownership from my sister to my son will be "registered will". So, once again I would request you to let me know the procedure to get it done. If an application Format for such registered will is available at this web site then please help me to select and download it. Further I would request you to let me know, wheather this is to be typed on a stamp paper, if so then the value of the stamp paper, and finaly where it is to be submitted for registration. D.K.Mondal

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query