LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

certified copies by post from court

(Querist) 30 October 2017 This query is : Resolved 
sir, my metrimonial case was in maharashtra. now completed. can i apply for certified copies by post. Please tell the procedure for same. as my adv is not putting my phone even i already given him charges for the same. and it is not possible to visit personally due to long distance. pl advice and guide for apply by post.
ad (Querist) 30 October 2017
matter wad in senior division court.
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 31 October 2017
Yeah! you can apply for certified copies by post from the court.BY paying necessary nominal fee of RS.50 to Rs. 200 by way of Demand draft.but things will move faster if you go personally to the relevant court and approach administrative section with the fee.Also read the following useful information.
Yes absolutely. Court record is public record and anyone can access it.

For district courts too you can access the judgments online on their websites but in my experience, the District court websites are not updated.

In such a situation, all you have to do is go to the court and make
For judgments of Supreme Court and High Courts, check their official websites and you will get options for searching judgments according to case numbers, party names or the judges who delivered them.

You can print them.
an application for certified copy of the judgment in the administrative section. You can ask for anything else (applications/ plaints/ written statements / petitions etc.) in the same manner.

All that is submitted to the court is a matter of public record and is accessible easily.

When applying for certified copies you will have to pay the requisite nominal fee which can be anywhere between Rs. 50/- to Rs.200/- (approximately) depending upon the number of pages you need.

Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 31 October 2017
You can take help of some other lawyer.
ad (Querist) 31 October 2017
sir, distance of the court is about 900 kms. Going personally or for engaging another advocate is very difficult task. as for engaging adv personal visit is required
Azhagananth (Expert) 04 November 2017
Through post - Not possible.

Through RTI - Not possible.

Through Court Website - Possible (only if you know exact case number and party details) to get copy but not certified copy.

Through your Advocate - Yes.

Party in person - Yes (only if you have cleared all dues of your advocate).

when you are in trouble, you approached the lawyer directly without considering the kms difference - but when the problem is over and you are free - we are not in position to thank him personally -

But finds opinion for other lawyers by blaming him - sure that advocate would have already applied order copies and kept in the bundle which was kept for you. Approach him directly and get the orders copy and don't approach for back door method.
Azhagananth (Expert) 04 November 2017

Dear Seniors and members,
one Humble request, please do not encourage/Opine the querist who blame advocates for filmsy reason and uses this platform as a back door method

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query