LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

case against newspaper

(Querist) 19 April 2010 This query is : Resolved 
I want to ask that if any newspaper has printed some wrong facts regarding a person's personal life who is in custody which adds to his defamation.Can the newspaper be questioned under law of defamation or other in future.

please rely me.
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 19 April 2010
Why not? Newspaper is not above and unrestricted or unchecked powers. If it violates rule of land as told by you, it shall also have to face the similar consequences as in the case of general layman.
Parthasarathi Loganathan (Expert) 20 April 2010
Bring more such cases to the court of law and rejuvenate Law of Torts in the country which is presently confined to books in the law chambers.
Akhilesh Kumar (Expert) 21 April 2010
Definitly you can file suit against the news paper for the defamation no one has right to defame any one. news paper has right to speech but not any thing. so you do one thing firstly send a legal notice to the news paper annexed the photocopy of the news which defamed you and ask why it has been done. and ask for compensation.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query