Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Cancellation of sale deed

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 12 May 2011 This query is : Resolved 
hi 5 months back i have executed a registered sale deed of my agricultural land.In that i have taken two post dated cheques which was mentioned in that both the cheques were dishhonoured.since the purchaser has failed to pay the considerable amount he himself wants to cancell the sale deed.So my question to you is can we both mutually go and cancell the deed?
adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (Expert) 12 May 2011
First issue notice to the purchaser u/s 138 of NI act and then file a complaint u/s 138 of NI Act and civil suit for cancellation of sale deed.
mastanrao.bhogadi (Expert) 12 May 2011
Sir you can execute a cancellation deed of the sale deed already executed
Guest (Expert) 13 May 2011
Your cancellation deed won't work if the original sale deed remains with the person in whose favour you have registered the sale deed. Better at first adopt the process as advised by Mr. Rajoo, as the party is liable to make the payment in lieu of the dishonoured cheques.

However, if you have the original deed also in your possession, better prepare cancellation deed and submit to the registrar along with the original deed to be cancelled under the seal of the registrar and official reord be also rectified with necessary remarks of cancellation.
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 13 May 2011
File a civil suit for cancellation of sale deed.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query