LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Can i get a divorce

(Querist) 01 March 2024 This query is : Resolved 
Dear Sir/Madam,
As my job is transferrable (i changed state/city every 1/1.5 yrs as per my work schedule), so i asked my wife to stay with my mother at my native place because my mother age is near 60 who is not fit for long distance journey and i have a son of 4.5 yrs to give him a stable study but she doesn't want to stay with my mother and she proposed me that she wants to stay with me at my work place (wherever it is) and move with me as per my work location else she will stay with her parents,
can i get a divorce with my wife on that basis from my wife?
Isaac Gabriel (Expert) 01 March 2024
This is not a ground for divorce.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 01 March 2024
Yes. It is not a ground to get a divorce. You can convince your wife of the future of your son besides your mother. You can take your mother where you transferred though it may be some trouble but not a problem. For silly things wanting divorce is not wise thinking.
P. Venu (Expert) 01 March 2024
The facts posted do no suggest any ground for seeking divorce.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 02 March 2024
This is considered as a ground for cruelty neither there is any fault on her if she denies to stay with your mother in your absence.
Debraj Chatterjee (Querist) 02 March 2024
Thank you sirs for these valuable opinion..
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 02 March 2024
this is no ground for divorce rather you insistence of her staying back can be called domestic violence.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 02 March 2024
You do not have strong grounds for divorce, the issues described by you are trivial in nature, hence you may better allow the passage of time to give you solution to this problem and don't jump into any legal action in haste which may bring disastrous effect to you
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 08 March 2024
Not speaking of strong ground rather no ground. Rather wife has grounds to fix you.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now